Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Another Job Interview!

For those of you who are out of the work force, you'd be surprised how much things have changed in recent years when it comes to finding a job. First of all, they are not all that plentiful. When I see ads for part-time eye surgeons, and part-time corporate officers, I wonder what's become of the world. I kid you not.

Nowadays, job applications are found online, entered by form online, and only and until someone at the other end has an interest in the meager boilerplate answers you give, are you called and a real interview set up. Nobody seems to have heard of essay questions (with room to explain yourself). Instead it's a series of facts only, or inane multiple choice which usually don't apply. I can't tell you how many of these applications have sailed out into the ethers -- never to heard from again.

Birds Released From Bottle!
Much Like Birds Released From a Bottle!


But now I have another interview, for real, up close and personal. Tomorrow. And I'm so delighted! It's at an establishment very near my home, and has a fine reputation and is well represented on the stock market, so I think they'll be around awhile. Here's hoping.

##

No comments:

Post a Comment