Monday, June 9, 2014

It's a Dog's Life

Okay, the "clunker" transaction has been completed, and what a day that was! Too boring to relate, but stressful nonetheless.

. So the new dogmobile is now being outfitted for the comfort of Sugar and Spice. I'm perfectly comfortable in my Captain's chair behind the wheel, but alas, the van has no rear windows that roll down (to speak of; only little vents crack open, too small for a poodle head) so the head-to-the-wind, tongue-lolling-joy of Spice has been brought to an abrupt end. I'm trying to entice him into the front passenger seat where there is a window, but he seems reticent. Perhaps in time he'll come up there.

Sugar is perfectly happy to spread out and sleep for the trip.

Well, you might have seen the photo in an earlier post of the "empty" cavern when all the seats are down, so here's what it looks like for hurricane transport. (I plan to sleep here when we're evacuated, and on the road)



Then I realized, two little dogs don't need this much space in everyday life, and I need grocery cargo space, so I put up the banquette seat(s) (row 3) to give me the rear hatchback access to cargo floor.



That still leaves plenty of space for spoiled dogs, and I tried to make the front accessible to Spice by tipping the passenger seat backwards.



Oh well, we'll see how it plays out. It's a pretty comfortable ride compared to that little bitty Honda, so except for the $65 tank of gas, I think I'm happy.

They look happy, don't they?



No comments:

Post a Comment