Wednesday, February 11, 2015

After the Storm...



I had a couple of really tough years, and as is usual in such life throes, you lose some friends, sometimes lovers, and often go through periods of depression. All of that plus the loss of my house, my money and my peace of mind I have weathered, and now I think the storm has settled down to a roar.

2015 started out with resolutons (which in prior years I had abandoned as folly). But this year, with my intention high for Change, there are things happening.

I've lost 12 lbs. of the 20 lb. weight loss goal.

My writer's group, while off to a rocky start last year, has now congealed into the most terrific group of writers I've known in a long time. I mean special. There are a total of ten of us, and not one bad writer in the bunch. How's that for creating your experience?

My bowling average is almost at 130, with a goal of 150. Still nowhere near mastered, but definitely improved.

I had dinner with an old friend the other night and had forgotten what joy there is in real friendship with people you trust and love.

And most importantly, the memoir is humming along at a reasonable pace in the 2nd big draft where it's being converted to past tense.

Finally, I'm looking for part time work where my spirit is nurtured and my work applauded (instead of feeling abused and unappreciated.) I can't quit until I get a new job however. Still, I'm very proud that I was able to come up with this job and save myself from real destitution. We haven't prospered exactly, but doing OKAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment