Friday, June 26, 2015

The Good Stuff - Update on Life

In spite of the little things in life that are bothersome (the dogs get fleas, I have to fire my doctor, my photographs are blurry)... I must say things are pretty damned good these days!

MY JOB
I LOVE my new job. We are temporarily housed in a big living room, waiting for our offices to be constructed, but we will be selling high end pianos and they are beautiful to behold.

Euro Pianos Naples is the sole Florida distributor of the Fazioli brand. We sell luxury pianos, the bespoke piano. (I love that word) And what better place for such customers than Naples, Florida? Take a look at this one which is in the current issue of Florida Design magazine:


A 24-carat gold leaf completely covers this F228 piano model, giving it a touch of royal prestige. The transparent polyester that protects the gold leaf returns to the surface a precious luminosity of iridescent shades.

What's not to love? I'm finally working for people who are loving, caring, fair, and generous. Pinch me! May we sell a lot of pianos!!!

MY WORK
I have finished the first draft of "Blue Lake" - a thriller novel set in the Pacific Northwest. I am SO excited to have completed a 70K-word draft in less than two months. Obsession. Now it is time to do the rewrite, the line edits and clean it up for sale.

MY HEALTH
In the process of losing weight, I learned to cook and eat healthier food. After dropping 26 lbs., I also FEEL lighter and better. It's easier to walk dogs, et al. So I'm really happy about that. I fired my doctor because she seemed intent on giving unnecessary tests without exams, questions or conversation. Just do a blood test and decide on an ultra sound? I don't think so. I'm on the hunt for a new physician. Medical care is "factory" run these days. I no like. The good news is that the third unnecessary ultra sound on my thyroid showed "no change." (I had a nonconclusive biopsy done about 6 mos. ago as well).

No comments:

Post a Comment