Monday, August 31, 2015

Warm Brown Butter Shrimp Rolls - Folly of a Foody

Found this recipe on Epicurious for BROWN BUTTER CRAB ROLL -- and yum, did it look good:



But when I got to the grocer and priced "good quality fresh crabmeat" that the recipe called for, I left without buying any. $20 for about 1/2 cup worth? I don't think so. Silly me. But I DID buy the Old Bay seasoning which I had never tried, just in case...

I already had hot dog buns (whole wheat) in the freezer, and I had a bag of frozen cooked shrimp, and I thought why not? So I made BROWN BUTTER SHRIMP ROLL instead.

Melt butter in a fry pan over medium heat and toast buns, cut side down, until golden.

Add more butter and let it get brown, carmelized, but NOT burnt, and add
the thawed shrimp,
a tablespoon of Worchestershire sauce,
2 tablespoons lemon juice,
and 1 teaspoon of Old Bay
to the pan, and cook until shrimp are hot and "sauce" thickens a bit. Spoon out with a slotted spoon onto the warm buns and I added very finely minced red onion to the top. (recipe called for chives which I didn't have)



Well, it was just the best thing I ever ate.

No comments:

Post a Comment