Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015 - Follies of a Foodie

I cannot believe another year has swept by -- and I am very grateful to still be around!

This year, (for the first time in a long time (for guests) I'm cooking the turkey. Usually I make a small turkey breast for myself and let it go at that. But this year we're doing "orphans" and good friends, good cheer, and LOTS of good food.

I even watched a video of how to carve a turkey! I'm not sure I ever had to do it myself? It's 16 lbs. so there will be leftovers, and I bought Glad "doggy" containers so people will take home food. (It's awful to be a guest and go home without leftovers!)

THANKSGIVING MENU - 2015

Prosecco
Pinot Noir
Shrimp Cocktail with Horseradish Chili Sauce
Roast Organic (brined) Turkey
Cornbread Chorizo Sausage, Cherry & Pecan Dressing
Old Fashioned Mushroom, Apple, Apricot Dressing
Cipollini Onions
Mashed Potatoes and Turkey Gravy
Sweet Potato & Pecan Casserole
Soft Rolls and Butter
Pumpkin Pie
Homemade Donut Hole Bread Pudding
Whipped Cream

No Football. (alas, no TV).
HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY, EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment